We are actively seeking proposals from members across all our Amsterdam International Water Web and Week communities, as we know it takes a village to build top-quality diversified content. We invite researchers, project managers, innovators, implementers, governmental experts, food and/or agricultural experts, experts from water utilities, etc. to submit an abstract of their work within the four subthemes:
- Improving water quality
- Resilient water systems
- Circular solutions: Reuse, Recover and Recycle
- Transitions in water, agro/food and energy
For each subtheme we are interested in:
- New (technological) solutions in practice
- Smart water solutions (digital)
- Nature based solutions
- Community engagement and stakeholder interaction
- Policy measures and agreements
- New ways for financing water projects
The topic should be relevant for cities, utilities, industries, and agro/food sector dealing with water in transition.
Abstracts will be reviewed for oral presentation and pitch/poster presentation.
You are invited to submit an abstract (up to 1.000 words) in pdf format, using this template (please save as pdf before you upload it during the registration process).
Headline your abstract with the following information:
- Topic (choose one of our four subthemes)
- Title of presentation (the title should cover the contents of the abstract)
- Indicate the challenges ánd solutions focused through the presentation
- Author’s name and affiliation, email address (if several authors, highlight corresponding authors
2. Workshop proposal
You are invited to submit a proposal for an interactive workshop in pdf format, using this template (please save as pdf before you upload it during the registration process).
Headline your proposal with the following information:
- Topic (choose one of our four subthemes)
- Title of the workshop (the title should cover the contents of the workshop)
- Indicate the challenges ánd solutions focused through the workshop
- Session leader name and affiliation, email address (if several persons, highlight corresponding person)
The proposal should contain the following:
- Short sessions description (up to 50 words)
- Learning outcomes
- Structure (should stimulate interaction with the audience)
Please note that one author can send maximum 1 entry in the form of abstract or workshop proposal.
The deadline to send in the abstract or proposal is 30 July 2023.
Selected applicants will be informed before September 1st, 2023 if their proposal is accepted. This can be for oral presentation (15 minutes) or poster presentation (with 2 minute pitch presentation) in the main event, outlining the date and time of the presentation.
The abstracts and workshop proposals are reviewed by the programme and scientific committee. The scientific director is prof.dr.ir. Jan Peter van der Hoek (Delft University of Technology).
The review process for abstracts will be as follows:
- Abstracts will be categorised into subthemes focus and sent to the scientific committee of AIWW as presented in appendix 2 at the end of document.
- Selected participants will be informed before September 1st, 2023.
- Selected abstracts will be accepted to present through oral presentation (15 minutes) or a poster presentation (plus 2 minutes pitch presentation) followed by an interactive discussion between attendees and presenters.
- After the end of the AIWW Conference 2023, the abstracts, presentations and posters (delivered by the author); will be put for further dissemination on AIWW’s website. More information will be on the website.
- AIWW will present abstracts and information of the author(s) online (website, etc) and in the program of the AIWW 2023.
The review process for workshop proposals will be as follows:
- Workshop proposals will be categorised into subthemes focus and sent to the scientific committee of AIWW. The maximum amount of workshops will be 15 with a group of up to 40 attendees.
- Selected workshop leaders will be informed before September 1st, 2023.
- Workshops have a timespan of 1:30 hours
- After the end of the AIWW Conference 2023, the workshop abstracts and outcomes (delivered by the workshop leader); will be put for further dissemination on AIWW’s website. More information will be on the website.
- AIWW will present workshops and information of the author(s) online (website, etc) and in program AIWW 2023.
Terms and conditions
- The scientific committee AIWW 2023 will be responsible for the ultimate decision on paper and workshop proposal acceptance and rejection*.
- The abstracts and presentation delivered will be used by AIWW in their website for promotional and knowledge dissemination.
- Any forgery with information, copying of information and/or data and other sections will invite legal actions against the author(s) and/or organizations involved under the jurisdiction of the Netherlands.
 Topics falling within the sub-theme and suggested categories, focus on urgent pressing issues and innovations will be preferred for submission.
For further information, please send us an email: email@example.com