During Amsterdam International Water Week 2023 (AIWW2023), held from 6-9 November at the RAI in Amsterdam The Netherlands, we address problems and challenges we are facing related to water.
- We need new solutions for new problems and challenges.
- We need new insights and knowledge.
- We need new cooperations between stakeholders.
- We need new ways of financing the solutions.
- We need an action agenda in response to all the upcoming changes related to the water sector.
They demand accelerated action towards sustainable solutions.
Be there and help us make a substantial impact on SDG’s 2 (Zero Hunger), 6 (Clean Water & Sanitation), 9 Industry, Innovation & Infrastructure, 11 (Sustainable Cities & Communities) and 13 (Climate Action) – with water as the starting point.
Main theme and sub themes
As a main theme, we have chosen Water in transition. Accelerate the action. This main theme holds 4 sub themes:
- Improving water quality
- Resilient water systems
- Circular solutions: Reuse, Recover and Recycle
- Transitions in water, agro/food and energy
For each subtheme we are interested in:
- New (technological) solutions in practice
- Smart water solutions (digital)
- Nature based solutions
- Community engagement and stakeholder interaction
- Policy measures and agreements
- New ways for financing water projects
AIWW2023 organizes various activities in the week from November 6-9, 2023 in Amsterdam. The following activities:
Integrated Leaders Forum (ILF), November 6th 2023
The ILF provides a platform for global water leaders from cities, industries, utilities and financers. Participants are personally invited. Focus on setting the action agenda and results in Amsterdam Agreements. The program consists of key note speeches, panel discussions and round-table discussions. Invitation only.
Two-day Conference, November 7th-8th 2023
The conference provides a platform for practitioners working in or related to the water sector. It aims to inspire, interact and find solutions. The conference program consists of key note speeches, panel discussions, presentations, workshops and poster session. Open to all. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to get your early bird ticket (€100 discount) or your PhD/student ticket €400 discount).
Site visits – Study tours, November 9th 2023
Site visits tend to inspire and see possible solutions in both delta technology as well as in water technology.
In the coming weeks we will further unfold the programme, including our hosts and speakers.
- Wetskills Water Challenges. Event for networking between students and young professionals. (organized by Wetskills/AIWW)
- PI2023 – 9th IWA International Conference on Benchmarking, Performance Assessment and Regulation of Water Services (organized by IWA/AIWW)
- IWA specialist conference – celebrating the 100th Nereda wastewater system (organized by IWA/AIWW)
- STOWA-Aquatech symposium on removal of micropollutants from municipal wastewater (organized by STOWA)
Call for abstracts and workshops
We are now actively seeking proposals from members across all our Amsterdam International Water Web and Week communities, as we know it takes a village to build top-quality diversified content. We invite researchers, project managers, innovators, implementers, governmental experts, food and/or agricultural experts, experts from water utilities, etc. to submit an abstract of their work. Please find more information here.